Monday, November 14, 2005

Depressing

Dry Bones cartoon - Gone With The Wind
As I look at this cartoon I'm struck by the fact that it is really depressing.

I hate that.

When morale is falling I think it's my job to deliver a smile and make people feel better. I guess I failed here. The withdrawal from Gaza brought us more hatred and more attacks. The terrible attack in Amman is another sign of things getting worse.

...And to top things off there are apparently Jordanians who would rather blame Israel?!!? for the terrorist bombings than face the horrible truth.

Zarqawi is gaining power and is threatening the Hashemite Kingdom.
The punch line of the cartoon is "gone with the wind" which is the name of the great book and wonderful movie about America's Civil War. At the end of that romantic tale, the heroine, Scarlett O'Hara, faced with an equally depressing situation bravely says:
"I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy. I'll think about that tomorrow"
We, Israelis and Jordanians and Lebanese and Egyptians, can't afford to do that. We need to think about the problem today!

Labels: , ,