Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The Ticking Iranian Time Bomb

Dry Bones cartoon - The Ticking Iranian Time Bomb
Prior to Israeli Prime Minister Olmert's trip to Washington, rumors are surfacing about this supposed difference of opinion. Check out the report at Debkafile.

Will the time bomb will blow up in our faces in two years or in four years?!
I didn't understand the significance of the disagreement until after I had asked myself the question "What is scheduled to happen three years from now?".
I then drew the cartoon.

I had the wife see as obvious what to me (and to her newspaper-reading hubby) had not been so "obvious".
The husband's shock at being enlightened by his wife should bring a laugh or at least a smile. The problem is that the punch line makes the reader think, which stiffles the laugh response.

Labels: